Friday, February 13, 2009

The Last Call Bell


Did I mention we drink a lot of beer? As a class we've finished a keg of Bud American Ale, Boston Lager, Goose Island Honker's, and now we've moved on to Goose 312 and Sierra Pale Ale. It's only the end of week two.

My friend in shortness and awesomeness, Paul here displays the last call bell. When the faculty call for last, well, you can read the note.

Some friends are forming within the class. A lot of the west-coasters (myself included) are grouping up. About six of us are planning on renting a house in Grafelfing close to the school in Germany. It'll be like real world, but maybe beeral world.

There is one woman in the class of 28. Claudia works for InBev in Brazil. She spends most of her time talking to Thiago also from Brazil.

Did I mention the water here sucks? It's like drinking milk. I haven't had a good cup of joe since I left Seattle. I mentioned this problem to my west coast friends and they all experienced the same problem. Maybe we're all coffee snobs?

Yet again today is another test. We've covered so much stuff this week I'm not sure how well I'll do. Passing is only 70% or higher and last week I got 97%. I'm looking forward to treating myself to a calzone from Amato's at lunch. The Italian restaurants have real italians out here. In Seattle it's only Greeks.

2 comments:

Mr. Kyle, Brewer said...

Growing up in South Dakota the beer selection wasn't the best.. But the one thing we did have was Goose Island. To find out it wasn't distributed to Washington was very very sad. So in return for mailing home brews back home, I just received some Nut Brown, IPA, and a Bourbon County Stout today. Tastes like being 21 again :)

Mandi said...

Go to Intelligentsia. I am telling you...their coffee rocks. Can't wait to come out there and ignore your beer speak and see the Chicago sights!