Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hanging out at Belmont and Clark, Old Style.

So I had heard that 5~10F was really cold. I wasn't prepared.

One of my old Seattle friends Eric and his girlfriend Sara met me at the L&L Tavern last night for some beers. Sara described it as a "three pants" night. They showed me pictures of Eric with multiple scarves around his face a few weeks ago when it was -25F. "My eyes were freezing shut."

Three years ago on a trip to Chicago in May, I happen to run into Eric at a Irish bar. One of the things we both had in common was our love of the Mountain Goats. Of course back then they were playing the next night making the highlight of my trip. Too bad they're coming in April this year. But hey! Bonnie "Prince" Billy is playing one block from my house in March!

No comments: